Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) Surveyor / Technician
L.A. Stevens & Associates, Inc. is looking for a field and office surveyor. In business for over 25 years, our office is located in Novato, CA with projects based in Marin County and throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. We specialize primarily in boundary / topographic surveys, subdivisions, lot line adjustments, monitoring, construction layout, and providing Expert Witness services.
We are looking for someone who has a Land Surveyor In Training (LSIT) Certificate now, or in the foreseeable future, and has the desire to obtain licensure as a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in the State of California.
The ideal applicant will have experience with field and office surveying as well as a strong desire to learn and grow within the profession. We work on a large number of very unique projects and the applicant will gain hands-on experience in both the field and the office. We are a small team and this position will expose the applicant to all aspects of surveying.
Analytical skills (especially geometry and trigonometry), writing and communication skills, and attention to detail are a must. We are a small company and a variety of tasks may be assigned or taught.
• Perform all manner of field surveying, error adjustment, and boundary resolution
• Perform surveys with conventional and GPS equipment, including post processing
• Experience with the Public Land Survey System, establishment of boundary control, and application of the principles of excess and deficiency distribution
• Work directly with staff to address company’s surveying needs.
• Experience with AutoCAD and basic CAD mapping skills
• Experience with Civil 3-D and Autodesk Survey Databases preferred
• Familiarity with Line Code Sets and Description Key Sets
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Medical and dental insurance
• 401K with Company match
• Professional development and licensing fee reimbursement
• All positions at L.A. Stevens & Associates, Inc. are hourly with potential for year-end bonus
• Dependent on Experience
NOTE: Upon being hired, applicants must be able to commute to Novato, CA. office location.
Reply to this post or e-mail Frank@LAStevensInc.com with résumé and letter of introduction
L.A. Stevens & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 4:26 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest