Note: The following position will be open for applications Monday February 12th, 2018
Apply online at www.ebmud.com
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Survey Technician II
SALARY: $6,380 - $7,755 Monthly
$76,560 - $93,060 Annually
*Please note: the salary ranges listed may change, and a salary increase is anticipated effective in late April 2018.
OPENING DATE: Monday, December 4, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Friday, December 22, 2017 by 4:30 p.m.
OPEN TO: General Public
East Bay Municipal Utility District’s (EBMUD’s) Construction Division, part of the Engineering and Construction Department, is seeking a highly qualified individual with exceptional technical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Survey Technician II is the experienced class in the surveying series. Individuals work as a member of a survey crew under the leadership of a Chief of Party. They perform skilled survey work in both field and office settings. They are expected to configure and operate a variety of survey instruments, as well as make and check calculations.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who brings experience and aptitude to the job. This individual will also have skills that are transferable into the EBMUD survey office environment, working with various software such as Autodesk Civil 3D in analysing survey records and field data. He or she will have strong organizational skills, be able to keep detailed, legible notes, and communicate clearly with others. Additionally, the ideal candidate will embrace the EBMUD values of Stewardship, Integrity, Respect, and Teamwork.
The salary range is $6,380 per month increasing to $6,699, $7,034, $7,386 and $7,755 after 6, 18, 30, and 42 months, respectively.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age for individuals over forty years of age, national origin, ancestry, disability (mental or physical, including AIDS and HIV), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veterans status, family or medical leave status, pregnancy, pregnancy disability leave status, or any other status protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
Any combination of education and experience that has led to the acquisition of the knowledge and abilities indicated above. Typical means of acquiring the essential knowledge and abilities is a combination of training and experience equivalent to:
1. Completion of the twelfth grade or its equivalent, including or supplemented by a course in trigonometry, and
2. Two years of experience in surveying work (equivalent to the EBMUD class of Survey Technician I).
License and Certificate: Must possess a valid Land Surveyor-In-Training (LSIT) certificate. Must also possess a valid California driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
Must be willing to work outdoors under a variety of geographic and climatic conditions and around various outdoor hazards such as poison oak. Must possess the physical characteristics to perform the critical and important duties of the position including strength and stamina to lift and carry survey equipment for distances up to a mile over steep and rugged terrain. May be required on a scheduled basis to be clean shaven as required to wear respiratory protection equipment. Must be willing to work overtime or out-of-town as needed.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered. To be considered under the “equivalent combination of education and experience” provision, it is your responsibility to include in your application materials written evidence of employment performed at the level of the typical duties of this position and/or coursework in subject areas directly related to this position. For more information, see our FAQ page at http://www.ebmud.com/jobs/job-resources ... questions/.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
1. Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com by 4:30 p.m., Friday, December 22, 2017. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
2. All qualified applications and supplemental responses will be competitively evaluated, with those candidates demonstrating the strongest qualifications for the position to be invited to a panel interview tentatively scheduled for late January or early February.
3. Successful candidates will be placed on the hiring list, based on rank, for further consideration to fill the current regular vacancy, as well as others occurring over the next 12 to 24 months.
4. All employment offers are conditional, pending the results of a Live Scan background screening. All selected finalists must participate in the Live Scan background screening process to remain in consideration for EBMUD employment.
As the first step in the selection process, responses to the supplemental questions must be submitted online with the regular EBMUD application. Please provide thorough, accurate descriptions of assignments you have personally performed. Should you respond with comments such as “see application” or “see resume” instead of addressing the questions directly, your application may not be considered.
1. Do you have a valid Land Surveyor-in-Training certificate (LSIT)? Yes/No
2. If your answer to question #1 is yes, please give your LSIT number. If the answer is "no", please type NA in the box.
3. Describe your work experience in all phases of surveying, including: Boundary, Control, Topographic, Hydrographic, Legal Descriptions, Record of Surveys, Construction Layout, Pipeline, Surveillance, and Aerial Mapping. Provide specific examples, including your level of responsibility, the decisions you have made in each type of survey, and how you documented your work.
4. Describe your experience configuring and operating the following types of surveying equipment (including makes and models) and what survey tasks you used them on:
a. Total Station Survey Instruments, including Robotic Instruments and Data Collectors
b. GPS Survey equipment using static, network RTK, and/or base station RTK modes
c. Laser Scanners
d. Digital and Automatic Levels
5. Describe your experience working with the following computer applications related to survey work. Cite specific examples of how you used the software on projects:
a. Microstation CAD
b. AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D
c. Leica Geo Office
d. Trimble Business Center
e. Microsoft Office Suite
f. GIS software
g. Star*Net and other Survey programs
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest