PG&E is hiring a Land Survey Technician in our San Jose office to support our Gas & Electric Distribution Projects. Although this is an entry-level position in our Land Survey/Land Rights career path, there is an extensive diversity in both the type of projects and their locations along the great California coast. This position entails working both in the field and the office with the opportunity to manage a project from field-to-finish while working under the direct supervision of one of our nine licensed Land Surveyors. Our Land Survey career path and PG&E in general, offer many opportunities for growth within the company. In addition, PG&E offers one of the most competitive benefits packages in the country including; (but not limited to!) retirement, health and dental benefits. We offer both Vacation Time and Personal Time Off and the salary range for this entry-level position is $68,660 to $97,640 with a guaranteed raise every 6 months.
To apply, visit us at https://career4.successfactors.com/sfca ... &username=
and select the Apply now option (orange button). This position will be open through 8/24/2018
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Land Surveying and Engineering Support (LS&ES) team is a group of more than a 100 dedicated employees providing land surveying and mapping services in support of gas and electric transmission and distribution projects. These services include rights-of-way drawings, easement documents, engineering support drawings (plan &profile), topographic mapping and construction staking. We are located in 17 offices throughout the PG&E service territory.
This job is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) and is subject to collective bargaining.
This position will be with the LS&ES South Coast Distribution Division working out of the San Jose office and possibly providing support throughout our entire division which spans from San Francisco to Monterey. LS&ES South Coast Distribution Division provides surveying support services to many lines of PG&E business including Gas and Electric Distribution, PG&E Corporate Real Estate, and Environmental Remediation. This position will prepare legal documents, legal descriptions, CAD drawings, CAD mapping, perform field surveying, office surveying calculations, customer communications, problem solving, preparing permits with outside agencies (CalTrans, UPRR, EBMUD, etc.) and other duties in supporting PG&E’s new business and customer distribution connections to our electrical and gas systems.
You must be able to travel at least 30% of the time within the PG&E service territory, including possible overnight stays.
– Perform routine work as a member of a survey party, make precise survey measurements using conventional and state of the art surveying instruments; interpret legal descriptions of real property; make and interpret survey calculations; research, analyze, check, and adjust survey data; research title and compile evidence and documentation for boundary determination. Operate the survey vehicle.
– Prepare maps from field notes, office data, and title searches for condemnation proceedings, obtain rights-of-way, purchase land, obtain government permits, and obtain leases and other land documents. Plot plan profiles, road cross-sections, topography, contours, and special drawings. Check mathematical computations of others.
– Assemble information for, and processing, clearing, and correcting of rights-of-way and land matters. This work includes such duties as preparing legal descriptions of real property; preparing all routine documents necessary for the acquisition of easements by the Company ; processing necessary forms for the procuring of permits; preparing and processing quitclaims; securing signatures; securing permits; inspecting property; preliminarily investigating encroachments; and preparing clear and concise reports and correspondence.
– 2 years of land surveying or civil engineering experience or the equivalent in education (such as Geometry or Trigonometry) and/or experience
– Must possess a valid California driver’s license or ability to obtain by first day of employment
– A California State Licensed Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) or Professional Land Surveyor (PLS)
– Experience using MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
– Take initiative and can work with minimal direction
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Field or office experience in a land surveying capacity
– Ability to effectively work with and support colleagues
– Experience generating plan/profile mapping, topographic mapping and construction staking
– Experience writing/interpreting legal land descriptions
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest