With more than 8500 people across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD is one of the world's leading engineering, environmental and construction services companies. Committed to the success of our clients and the communities in which we operate, we have an ongoing requirement for high-caliber professionals to join our connected network.
GHD currently has an opportunity for a Land Surveyor – Technician to join our Cameron Park, CA office.
The primary job assignment is for work to be performed in Northern California. This position will include land surveying tasks in the field and in the office, such as topographic surveys, ALTA surveys, Records of Survey, setting ground control for aerial surveys, exhibits and legal descriptions for easements, construction stakeout for commercial development and utility company’s infrastructure for private and public clients. We utilize conventional robotic total stations and GPS equipment.
• BS Degree in Geomatics/Surveying Engineering is a plus but not mandatory, with 1 year of applicable industry experience.
• Alternatively, a minimum of 2+ years field surveying experience will be considered (either as an instrument person and rod person performing boundary, topographic and construction surveys)
• LSIT certificate for California considered a plus
• Proficiency with setup and operation of robotic total stations and GPS receivers (Trimble a plus)
• Proficiency in the field with either Trimble Access or TDS software (data collection, stakeout, adjustments, upload & download)
• Knowledge of basic surveying principles (leveling, traverse adjustments, GPS, trigonometry, and geometry)
• Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D software, including knowledge of points, styles, surfaces, alignments, and database management is a plus
• Sufficient physical flexibility, stamina and balance to perform bending, reaching, kneeling, climbing, working on ladders, walking over rough terrain and lifting or moving up to 40 pounds
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
No phone calls please and no third party firms. This position does not offer visa sponsorship.
To apply please attach your resume and covering letter and email to Patrick.email@example.com
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests