Quincy Engineering is seeking a Survey Technician with a minimum of 5 years of progressively increasing responsibility to support a wide variety of projects with a focus on transportation improvement projects. The preferred candidate will have field experience in conducting topographic maps, construction staking, monitoring surveys and boundary surveys in the capacity of either a Party Chief, Instrument Man or Chainman. The Survey Technician will be responsible for the timely and accurate completion of assigned projects and will work under the direct supervision of the Survey Department Manager.
Typical Duties Will Include:
• Preparing topographic drawings from survey field data
• Preparing TINs, surface models, and contours from field data
• Reviewing field survey data for completeness and accuracy
• Preparing calculations to develop grades and elevations using engineer drawings
• Preparing topographical mapping utilizing aerially generated surveys (Lidar and Photogrammetry) with ground control
• Performing property boundary surveys and map research to accurately identify all land rights and encumbrances within the limits of various projects
• Preparing plats and legal descriptions for land acquisition and easements
• Preparing pre-calculations for field crews for construction staking
• Assisting with field construction staking
• Assisting with various field surveys
Candidate must have:
• A firm understanding of different types of survey requirements for boundary, topographic, construction, and right of way surveys
• Experience in controlling the function of surveying instruments including robotic total stations and gps data collections (Preferably Trimble products)
• A general understanding of construction plans and calculating grades
• Ability to dissect a title report and plot all encumbrances
• Good interpersonal skills and effective writing and oral communication skills
• Experience working independently with strong analytic capabilities and the ability to work independently, demonstrated organizational skills, thoroughness, and attention to detail.
• Ability to work on a variety of projects with competing deadlines including office and field work
• Ability to travel overnight occasionally
• Knowledge of Civil 3D. The ideal candidate will also be familiar with Bentley InRoads.
Minimum Qualifications: Five years of land surveying experience. Possession of an LSIT is preferred, but is not required.
To be considered for the position you are applying for, please visit our website http://www.quincyeng.com, to download and complete the Employment Application, Disabled Self-ID form, Pre-Offer Veterans Self-ID form, and Self-ID form and send it along with your resume to email@example.com. Quincy Engineering is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest