PG&E is looking for a Survey Land Technician for our Gas & Electric Transmission Projects along California’s North Valley Region. This is an entry-level position for our Land Survey career path. The diversity of both projects and project locations is pretty amazing! These positions will include both field and office work with plenty of field-to-finish experience while working directly under the supervision of one of our licensed Land Surveyors. PG&E offers a competitive benefits packages including retirement, health and dental. We offer both Vacation Time and Personal Time Off and the salary range for this entry-level position is $71,406.40 to $101,545.60 with a guaranteed raise every 6 months.
To apply please visit: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfca ... &username=
This job is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) and is subject to collective bargaining.
This position will be with the North Valley LS&ES Transmission team working out of the Sacramento Office. North Valley LS&ES Transmission team provides surveying support services to all lines of PG&E business including Gas Distribution and Transmission, Electric Distribution and Transmission, Substation Engineering, PG&E Corporate Real Estate, Pipeline Safety Enhancement Project, the Pipeline Centerline Encroachment Survey, and Environmental Remediation. This position will prepare legal documents, legal descriptions, CAD drawings, CAD mapping, perform field surveying, office surveying calculations, customer communications, problem solving, preparing permits with outside agencies (CalTrans, UPRR, etc.) and other duties in supporting PG&E’s new business and customer distribution connections to our electrical and gas systems.
You must be able to travel at least 50% of the time within the PG&E service territory, including occasional overnight stays.
- Perform routine work as a member of a survey party, make precise survey measurements using conventional and state of the art surveying instruments; interpret legal descriptions of real property; make and interpret survey calculations; research, analyze, check, and adjust survey data; research title and compile evidence and documentation for boundary determination. Operate the survey vehicle.
- Prepare maps from field notes, office data, and title searches for condemnation proceedings, obtain rights-of-way, purchase land, obtain government permits, and obtain leases and other land documents. Plot plan profiles, road cross-sections, topography, contours, and special drawings. Check mathematical computations of others.
- Assemble information for, and processing, clearing, and correcting of rights-of-way and land matters. This work includes such duties as preparing legal descriptions of real property; preparing all routine documents necessary for the acquisition of easements by the Company ; processing necessary forms for the procuring of permits; preparing and processing quitclaims; securing signatures; securing permits; inspecting property; preliminarily investigating encroachments; and preparing clear and concise reports and correspondence
- 2 years of land surveying or civil engineering experience or the equivalent in education (such as Geometry or Trigonometry) and/or experience
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license or ability to obtain by first day of employment
- Experience using MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Take initiative and can work with minimal direction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Field or office experience in a land surveying capacity
- Ability to effectively work with and support colleagues
- Experience generating plan/profile mapping, topographic mapping and construction staking
- Experience writing/interpreting legal land descriptions
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests