Adjoner info for ALTAs

land butcher

Adjoner info for ALTAs

Postby land butcher » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:57 pm

Since the govt seems to want to hide everyone today to us honest people and every agency is different maybe it's time for a list of how to get adjoiner info for ALTAs in each county and what info the tax/assessors office requires to release that info.

Ian Wilson

Re: Adjoner info for ALTAs

Postby Ian Wilson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:58 pm

Table A Item 11 reads: "Names of adjoining owners according to current tax records. If more than one owner, identify the first owner’s name listed in the tax records followed by 'et al'.”

If the local tax records do not provide owner names, then so state and you're done.

However, DataTree, FastWeb, and most of the other title company's products provide that information.

Additionally, you have a title report that you;re working from. Email the title office listed in the report or call the local office. AFter giving them the Order Number, they will happily send you the information.

Jim Frame

Postby Jim Frame » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:07 pm

However, DataTree, FastWeb, and most of the other title company's products provide that information.

I try to avoid using DataTree unless I can't find another source, because everything costs money there. Most of the time I start my owner research at CourthouseDirect.com. Even without signing into an account you can get owner name, site address, mailing address and APN. The user interface is kind of crappy, but it works.

land butcher

Postby land butcher » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:24 pm

"Email the title office listed in the report or call the local office. AFter giving them the Order Number, they will happily send you the information."

If they ever return the call or email. Unfortunately we surveyors don't usually get to pick the title company and I have noticed that they don't seem to be as helpful as in days past.

subman

Postby subman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:57 pm

I subscribe to an App service called LandGlide from the iTunes store ($9.99 per month) that provides nationwide coverage. You can search by Name, address or assessor parcel number. Right from your phone. Choice of aerial imagery background or just plain vanilla street/parcel format.

Lee Hixson

Postby Lee Hixson » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:04 am

subman wrote:I subscribe to an App service called LandGlide from the iTunes store ($9.99 per month) that provides nationwide coverage. You can search by Name, address or assessor parcel number. Right from your phone. Choice of aerial imagery background or just plain vanilla street/parcel format.

This makes me wonder how accurate and up to date it is.

subman

Postby subman » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:29 am

Lee

Every contract I enter into (with a home owner), I check property ownership through this App and have not experienced any erroneous results.

Quote from site:
Fresh Data
Our parcel boundary data are continuously maintained with over 90 percent updated within 12 months and 70 percent within 6 months. Up-to-date information and national coverage improve your decision making capabilities.

http://reportallusa.com/solutions/landglide/

land butcher

Postby land butcher » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:56 am

Why should I have to pay some company for information that is of public record and should be available easily as it used to be?
If some for profit company can obtain that info that fast we should be able to too.

Return to “General Discussion”