City of San Diego Staffing Duties Under State Law

mpallamary

City of San Diego Staffing Duties Under State Law

Postby mpallamary » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:34 pm

As many of you know, I have been very active in the area of assuring that local municipalities follow the law with regards to disclosure of staffing duties. Back in 1982, I co-wrote the law requiring that each city have a licensed land surveyor on board instead of civil engineers. I worked very hard to bring the city of San Diego into compliance with these laws.

I was fortunate in that Greg Hopkins was working at the city to assure that his staff was properly identified. I am hopeful the attached is helpful. In my case, I have been working on a complicated development project and no one at the city would accept a "responsible charge" obligation - no one was accountable. Now I can compel whoever is overseeing the various disciplines of engineering to respond to me and the other professionals I am working with. This is of immense benefit to the public as well as anyone who has survey, engineering, or technical concerns.

The next step is to get city surveyors and county surveyors to put their license number on city/county survey monuments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

land butcher

Re: City of San Diego Staffing Duties Under State Law

Postby land butcher » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Very good Michael.

They used to, I've seen a lot of tags "BayCityEnrg RCExxxxxx. "

Return to “General Discussion”