CLSA LS instructional DVDs

TheLostSurveyor

CLSA LS instructional DVDs

Postby TheLostSurveyor » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:14 am

I was curious if anyone has bought and used the CLSA DVDs for exam prep. If so, were they useful?
Also looking for feedback on PLSexamprep.com and any other interactive resources for exam prep that might be available in the survey-o-sphere. There are no classes/courses in my area and I am about burnt out on books at the moment.

dedkad

Re: CLSA LS instructional DVDs

Postby dedkad » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:11 pm

I found the Caltrans course to be very helpful. http://www.dot.ca.gov/landsurveys/workbook.html

TheLostSurveyor

Postby TheLostSurveyor » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:04 pm

I have banged my head on those quite a bit already...

leevining209

Postby leevining209 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:49 pm

I found a few of the DVDs to be helpful. Mike Hart's PLSS was a stand out for me. He stays on subject and delivers what you'll need to know for the test. Another resource I found VERY helpful was the CLSA exam guide. Also, if you can find someone that took the Pacific Land Seminars LS review while it was being offered, get a copy of that material, it is VERY good as well. Good luck!

( I just looked and it looks like Pacific Land Seminars is offering the LS review again.)

TheLostSurveyor

Postby TheLostSurveyor » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:03 am

Thank you Lee,

I also found the exam guide to be well thought out. I looked at Pacific Land Seminars since I got very excited when you mentioned they had restarted. So far it looks like they are only doing a mock exam and review format at the moment and I didn't see anything for upcoming events.

Return to “General Discussion”