AB5 and CLSA

DWoolley

Re: AB5 and CLSA

Postby DWoolley » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:20 am

mpallamary wrote:...there is no reason the Executive Board cannot, at a minimum send a letter of support for one or more pieces of the legislation. All it takes is a quick conference call and a decision. It has been done before.

True, it has been done before. However, the days of the Executive Committee acting on their own, besides routine administrative functions i.e. bill paying, have passed. This has been made abundantly and unequivocally clear by the Board of Directors.

From my perspective, CLSA is stronger, more viable and healthy now than it has been in my tenure. The Orange County leadership will remain vigilant on behalf of their membership to insure the association is managed by the directors and transparent to the membership. This, of course, means acknowledging
past lessons learned by limiting the Executive Committee's discretion between quarterly meetings - following these guidelines also means the EC will enjoy 100% support from the Orange County directors in their leadership and a helping hand whenever needed.

DWoolley

mpallamary

Postby mpallamary » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:36 am

This discussion has stimulated me into a new phrase.

"You can either watch and wonder, or act and influence."

mpallamary

Postby mpallamary » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:37 am

Thanks Dave! The OC Chapter continues to to magnificent things!

I appreciate their efforts and yours, of course!

Return to “General Discussion”