The Compleat Surveyor Website

CompleatSurveyor

The Compleat Surveyor Website

Postby CompleatSurveyor » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:24 am

My dad, Bud Uzes, loved surveying history, instruments and books. He authored two editions of Chaining the Land (in 1977 and 2006) and the Illustrated Price Guide to Antique Surveying Instruments and Books (in 1980). In 1995, I created The Compleat Surveyor business to help him in his never-ending quest to find more old instruments and books.  We found a lot of great instruments and books from 1995 until 2006, when Bud passed away unexpectedly and I ceased The Compleat Surveyor business.

I decided to restart The Compleat Surveyor operation eight months ago, and created a new website - http://www.CompleatSurveyor.com.  The website focuses on two things.  First, I'm creating a digital reference library for new and seasoned collectors of vintage surveying books and instruments.  I've posted over 160 instrument maker catalogues in pdf form on the website, for example, as well as most of the other reference materials that my dad relied on for 40 years. Second, I'm offering for sale some very interesting and rare instruments and books.  For example, I have the first Burt Improved Solar Compass ever made (1840) and a circa 1730 to 1740 brass compass made in America by Anthony Lamb offered for sale on the website.

Please take a look at the new website if you are interested in vintage surveying instruments and books.  I really enjoy adding to and improving the website, so please contact me if you have ideas on how to improve the website (or digital materials to contribute to the cause).

Thanks,
Russ Uzes

Return to “Classifieds”