Exam Prep Study Materials

Jay Wright

Exam Prep Study Materials

Postby Jay Wright » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:05 am

Hi
Santa Clara/San Mateo chapter is attempting to bring back exam prep seminars.
We have not done one in a few years, since before CBT began.

We are looking for materials, study guides etc.

Does anyone have a package of materials, guidance etc....

Thank you

Jay Wright

E_Page

Re: Exam Prep Study Materials

Postby E_Page » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:49 pm

I would suggest contacting some of the other chapters that have been providing review courses for some time. I think that you will find that the chapters that have been doing these for a while have determined course topics based upon typical exam content and then look for surveyors to teach one or more sessions. The surveyors who teach the sessions will typically prepare or put together materials.

In N. CA, the Sacramento and the East Bay Chapters have each been providing review classes for several years. I know that there are several other chapters in other parts of the state that have also been providing review classes.

Gary Schenk

Postby Gary Schenk » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:31 pm

The San Diego Chapter has been putting a review on for quite sometime, and they are a very helpful bunch of guys. Drop them a line.

Rob_LS

Postby Rob_LS » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:31 pm

CLSA Education Committee developed lesson plans for classes based on the programs in San Diego and Sacramento, although those lesson plans did not specifically reflect the most recent exam plan (which is about due for an update). The change to CBT makes the exam experience of most who took the old essay format exam somewhat irrelevant as to how to answer the questions.

If the Central Office does not have the exam plans handy, I can dig up the files. Send me a private message with your contact info.

beubank

Postby beubank » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:37 am

I have attended several survey classes and have acquired many books and several calculators and study guides, mostly for Surveying portion of California Civil Engineer's Exam.
I need to sell these items - if interested, please contact: beubank@msn.com

Return to “Professional Development”