Orange County Public Works
Salary Range: $85,654.40 - $115,419.20 Annually
OC Public Works has an opportunity for a Sr. Land Surveyor. Sr. Land Surveyors plan, organize and direct complex surveying work.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, assigning, and reviewing the work of survey teams.
- Checking for accuracy and compliance with technical and legal survey procedures.
- Evaluating employee performance, developing and providing employee training and recommending action on merit increases.
- Identifying, analyzing, and arbitrating complex boundary problems involving discrepancies, overlaps, or gaps between ownership lines.
- Discusses solutions with developers, sub-dividers, engineers, surveyors, title officers and city surveyors/engineers to resolve boundary problems.
- Assigning projects to teams and serves as the project leader over multiple survey parties working together on special projects.
- Preparing detailed technical reports on surveying projects or studies.
- Review maps and other survey documents submitted by the public, including private engineers and surveyors.
The ideal candidate will possess 7 years of direct and progressive experience in surveying, as well as the experience, skill and demonstrated ability to effectively manage resources, personnel, schedule and budget on a wide variety of complex projects. Possession of a valid Land Surveyor's License or valid Certificate of Registration as a Civil Engineer authorized to practice surveying issued by the California State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers is required.
For more information and to apply, please visit our OC Careers page here.