The Compleat Surveyor - Holiday Sale

CompleatSurveyor

The Compleat Surveyor - Holiday Sale

Postby CompleatSurveyor » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:13 am

Hi.

I added a fair number of rare books and surveying instruments since I last posted, and reduced the prices of everything else I have. My favorite additions - an extremely rare circa 1892 Aluminum Gurley Solar Compass, a 1911 Young & Sons Aluminum Solar Transit that surveyed 8 miles of the California - Oregon border in 1914, and a circa 1854 Harttman & Saxe Transit that was used by at least one U.S. Deputy Surveyor to survey the public lands in CA circa 1880. Please check out my updated website at: http://CompleatSurveyor.com.

To help new collectors get started in the hobby without spending a lot of money, I also created a New Collector Webpage, where I offer a number of rare books and instruments at my cost. To list just a few, I have a 1769 surveying book listed for $83, an 1844 surveying book for $30, a Queen Compass for $165, and a very cool circa 1862 Young Transit for $515.

Please take a look at the updated website if you are interested in vintage surveying instruments and books, or just the history of surveying.

Thanks,

Russ Uzes

mpallamary

Re: The Compleat Surveyor - Holiday Sale

Postby mpallamary » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:41 am

I miss your father very much. He was a good friend.

CompleatSurveyor

Re: The Compleat Surveyor - Holiday Sale

Postby CompleatSurveyor » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:11 pm

Thanks for the nice words. Bud was a GREAT guy (and dad), and we had a lot of fun together with The Compleat Surveyor from 1995 to 2006. I’m having a blast now as well, but I sure wish he was still around.

Russ

Return to “Classifieds”