Create, prepare, and label drawings and maps used in land surveying projects based upon the design and information provided by a Land Surveyor, Project Manager, Survey Technician, or more experienced CAD Technician. Such plans include survey base maps, topographic maps, land surveying exhibit plats, and land surveying maps.
Essential Job Function
1. Produce survey drawings from recorded survey mapping, collected survey points, civil engineering drawings, and aerial photography images.
2. Produce survey calculations based upon civil engineering plans, survey mapping, and other survey related data.
3. Create and manipulate surfaces in Civil 3D from collected survey data.
4. Create maps, diagrams, and profiles using Civil 3D design surfaces.
5. Create point plots of collected or calculated survey data.
6. Insert external reference drawings, mapping, and shape files into Survey drawings.
7. Ability to address redlined comments from internal review.
8. Ability to provide redline comments on work produced by a Survey CAD Technician I.
9. Create survey base maps, topographic mapping, Land Division Mapping, and ALTA/NSPS Land Title Survey mapping.
10. Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other surveying data collected to ensure that they conform to surveying concepts and standards.
11. Manipulate survey data from ground to grid in our CAD drafting software.
12. Ability to perform quantities from comparative surface models.
13. Ability to annotate survey mapping and drawings using CAD software.
14. Other duties as apply.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of Civil 3D drafting techniques
• Knowledge of Surveying Data Collection techniques and files
• Ability to use basic survey mathematics (algebra, geometry, trigonometry) to solve problems.
• Knowledge of Surveying notations, bearings, azimuths, distances, and elevations.
• Knowledge of the practical application of land surveying science and technology. This includes apply principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Knowledge of Surveying projections and State Plane Coordinates.
• Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, and other business software.
• Effective verbal and written communications.
Education and Experience
3+ years of experience in Civil 3D drafting in the land surveying profession or equivalent experience in college courses taken in the Drafting, Civil Engineering or closely related fields.
Medium intensive background knowledge in the land development industry and the land surveying profession.
Competent in Microsoft Office suite programs.
If you feel like you may be a good fit for this role, please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests