CITY LAND SURVEYOR
City of Oakland
Application Deadline: Friday, May 18, 2018
Salary: $105,891 - $130,004 Annually
The City of Oakland is currently recruiting to fill one City Land Surveyor vacancy within the Oakland Department of Transportation. The ideal candidate will perform a vital role by providing boundary, topographic and route surveys, as well as records-of-survey, parcel maps and final maps.
Under direction of a Principal Civil Engineer, the ideal candidate will lead and supervise field and laboratory personnel and perform work of considerable difficulty in planning, supervising, participating in and reviewing the activities of the City's survey section which is engaged in a variety of land surveying tasks, including approval of survey documents.
Examples of Duties:
• Plan, direct and coordinate the work of survey crews and materials testing laboratory
• Operate a motor vehicle in the performance of assigned duties
• Review work requests to determine the nature and extent of required services; establish priorities for, assign and ensure the timely completion of projects; supervise and participate in difficult surveying investigations
• Supervise the preparation and maintenance of reports, maps, surveys and record data; review maps, plans, surveys and legal land descriptions submitted to, or prepared by, City staff
• Respond to requests for information or advice from the public, private surveyors, engineers, City departments and other agencies
• Supervise or perform complex control, right-of-way and boundary calculations; write legal property descriptions; prepare plans
• Provide expert witness testimony in City litigation
• Prepare and administer a unit budget; select and purchase equipment
• Confer with contractors and City personnel regarding design and construction schedules; coordinate survey, drafting and materials testing work
• Train, supervise and evaluate subordinate staff
• Perform related duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in civil engineering or surveying, 30 hours of course work in supervision, 4 years of surveying experience of which 2 years must be comparable to Chief of Party in the City of Oakland and possession of a State of California certificate of registration as a Professional Land Surveyor or as a Professional Civil Engineer authorized to practice land surveying.
Requires knowledge of Surveying laws, practices, principles and instruments; Civil Engineering principles as they apply to surveying; construction principles and practices; materials used in public works construction; materials testing specifications, procedures and instruments; federal, state and local laws, rules and policies relating to land subdivisions, monumentation and other surveying related activities; city construction standards, codes and specifications; legal descriptions, deeds, maps and other legal documents used to identify property; sources and methods of obtaining data from survey records; computer applications to survey work and office management; advanced mathematics as applied to surveying calculations; budget development and administration; principles of supervision, training and staff development; and effective written/verbal communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
The eligibility list established from this recruitment may be used to fill other vacancies that occur within The City including full-time and permanent part-time positions, if applicable.
#WORKOAKLAND See us on Facebook
Apply at: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/oaklandca/default.cfm. You may also call (510) 238-3112 for information. EOE
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: JSemerad and 0 guests