Monument preservation in San Diego

mpallamary

Monument preservation in San Diego

Postby mpallamary » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:00 am

The city of San Diego has done a great job in developing programs and methods to protect survey monuments. As can be seen, the gas and electric company is the biggest offender. I can vouch for that as they wiped out a bunch of monuments in my neighborhood. I have been after them for 18 months trying to get them to do the right thing.

I have been working with Greg Hopkins and I fully support his efforts. His staff is also doing a great job.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Proud7191

Re: Monument preservation in San Diego

Postby Proud7191 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:52 am

Mike, from following this forum it seems the city did not comply willingly without you riding roughshod over them for many years. Thanks for the work and effort you have put forth on this major task. It has given others of us lots of inspiration to do what is right and stand up for what we do. Thanks again, Jon

mpallamary

Postby mpallamary » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Thank you. You are most kind. In the end, they are where they need to bo. It is sort of like raising kids. When they get older, they make better decisions.

Again, you are most kind and I am grateful.

rpost

Postby rpost » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:21 pm

The new certification on Construction Plans is one of the best improvements I have witnessed since I started surveying. Every City should use San Diego's certification as the golden standard. It is fan-freaking-tastic!

Return to “General Discussion”