Project Surveyor needed for Central Coast Office

Gromatici

Project Surveyor needed for Central Coast Office

Postby Gromatici » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Gromatici Land Surveying, Inc job opening post:
We offer paid medical/vision/retirement and an adjusted work schedule, PTO/Sick pay, and paid holidays.
We are a small business that works on small residential lot surveys to large subdivisions. This opening is for an experience land surveyor to perform mostly office work CAD drafting, processing maps, legal descriptions, and submitting Certificates of Compliances, Lot Line Adjustments, Final Maps. Construction Staking calcs are also a weekly task.

On occasion you may need to assist the field crew on boundary surveys, for safety or in guiding the crew. This is not a "management" position, where you will be doing billing, and proposals, but mostly land surveying activities. However, I may need assistance with some leads and estimating if you have experience with that.

We perform many surveys that include:

ALTA’s
Construction Staking
Topographic Mapping
Certificate of Compliances
Legal Descriptions
Boundary Surveys
Elevation Certificates
LOMA’s

Job Duties:
Mostly Office with some fill-in work in the field when crew member(s) are on vacation and for boundary surveys on occaision:
Pre-survey calculations
Construction Staking Calculations
Inputting deeds
Resolving boundary surveys
StarNet
Writing legal descriptions
GPS Post Processing (GNSS and Trimble)
Processing topographic Surveys using Carlson Survey field to finish
Ability to research records, utility data, and deal with clients and City/County officials.

Qualifications:
At least 7 years of land surveying experience with 3 being in the field
Proficient with AUTOCAD/Carlson
Experienced with Construction Staking calculations using points and alignments
Experienced with drawing and submitting Record of Surveys, Final Maps, and Parcel Maps
Familiar with field survey equipment and procedures
Ability to read and interpret utility atlas maps
Ability to read and interpret deeds and understand gap and overlap issues
Experienced with Right-of-Way maps and surveys

Must have a valid Driver’s License
Must be able to lift 50lbs

Pay will be based upon experience and ability to work with minimal oversight. LSIT and Licensed Land Surveyors preferred.

We do a large variety of surveys that for both public and private entities and clients. Working out of our Goleta or Los Olivos Office is preferred I am not opposed to opening on office north or south of our two locations if the arraignment is beneficial to both of us. Employees answer directly to me, not HR, not middle management, not other departments. If there is an issue, I deal with it directly.

Send resume's to Eric Ackerman, PLS, CFedS
eackerman@gromatici.com
www.gromatici.com

Return to “Employment Hotline”