San Mateo County - Surveying Technician II

Ian Wilson

San Mateo County - Surveying Technician II

Postby Ian Wilson » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:34 am

I am looking for someone to work with here at San Mateo County. Projects will range from field work (monument preservation, monitoring surveys, right-of-way location, etc.) to office work (writing legal descriptions, drafting plats, reviewing maps, working with the public).

San Mateo County has everything from urban areas with modern “live-work” spaces to 2nd or 3rd growth redwood forests to pristine shorelines on both the Bay and the Pacific Ocean. And we get to work in all of it.The photo is one I took on a Monument Preservation Review along Stage Road, north of Pescadero, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We saw about half a dozen deer along the road that day, too. And, yup, that's about 20-some miles from the heart of downtown San Francisco.

The people I work with in the Public Works Department are terrific people to work with. The atmosphere is very friendly. I was told on my first day, “Welcome to the family!” I'm enjoying my new workmates and the job; you will, too.

So, if you’re looking for a great place to work, both in the office and in the field in a magnificent county, and you’re interested in learning and moving forward in your career and your profession, come help me in the County Surveyor’s Office! Apply on line at: https://jobs.smcgov.org/surveying-technician-ii-open-andamp-promotional/job/8824236

The pay is not bad. The people are great. The job is a blast. And the places we work in are incredible.

I’m looking forward to meeting with you and working with you! Apply today!

Ian Wilson
San Mateo County Surveyor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ian Wilson

Re: San Mateo County - Surveying Technician II

Postby Ian Wilson » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:34 am

Just a reminder that this posting closes on Friday.

Thanks to all who have already applied. Looking forward to chatting with those of you who are applying this week...before and of day on Friday!

Ian

pls5528

Re: San Mateo County - Surveying Technician II

Postby pls5528 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:47 pm

Condrats on the job there Ian.

Return to “Employment Hotline”