We are looking for someone who is on a path to obtaining a Land Surveyor In Training (LSIT) Certificate and has the desire to obtain licensure as a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in the State of California.
The ideal applicant will have academic experience with field and office surveying as well as a strong desire to learn and grow within the profession. We work on a large number of very unique projects and the applicant will gain hands-on experience in both the field and the office. We are a small team and this position will expose the applicant to all aspects of surveying.
Analytical skills (especially geometry and trigonometry), writing and communication skills, and attention to detail are a must. We are a small company and a variety of tasks may be assigned or taught, e.g.
• Perform all manner of field surveying, error adjustment, and boundary resolution
• Perform surveys with conventional and GPS equipment, including post processing
• Experience all types of boundary retracement, establishment of boundary control, and application of the principles of excess and deficiency distribution
• Work directly with staff to address company’s surveying needs.
• Experience with AutoCAD and basic CAD mapping skills is required
• Experience with Civil 3-D and Autodesk Survey Databases preferred
• Familiarity with Line Code Sets and Description Key Sets
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Medical and dental insurance
• 401K with Company match
• Professional development and licensing fee reimbursement
• All positions at L.A. Stevens & Associates, Inc. are hourly with potential for year-end bonus
• Dependent on Experience
Reply to this post with résumé and cover letter, e-mailing both to Frank@LAStevensInc.com
L.A. Stevens & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer