Arizona Reciprocity

laveyb24

Arizona Reciprocity

Postby laveyb24 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:01 pm

PLS7393

Re: Arizona Reciprocity

Postby PLS7393 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:05 pm

I like it, and this would only put CA in a deeper whole to have enough surveyors employed to assist the public.
I bet it won't be long thereafter that CA government attempts to introduce a bill outlawing a CA licensee to receive reciprocity for AZ, lol.

pls5528

Postby pls5528 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:59 am

This is just another example of the government creating laws which are not in the benefit of the public and/or the professions. Perhaps it may be ok for the "Make-up artists". (No disrespect to them intended). For those of us that have worked hard to take and pass the RLS in Arizona (myself included), this is a slap in the face.

Warren Smith

Postby Warren Smith » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:36 am

Reciprocity as it now exists is workable. I am licensed in several other states - Arizona included - and the process is to take the state specific portion of the exam. That's appropriate, because subdivisions and other topics differ by statute - riparian boundaries in particular.
Warren D. Smith, LS 4842
County Surveyor
Tuolumne County

pls5528

Postby pls5528 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:40 pm

I agree with you Warren, if you still are required under this new Bill to take the State Specific" portion, that is fair. What I don't think is fair, is,a trade off between states, and will oppose any legislation that accommodates that..

Stephen Johnson

Postby Stephen Johnson » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:38 pm

Warren Smith wrote:Reciprocity as it now exists is workable. I am licensed in several other states - Arizona included - and the process is to take the state specific portion of the exam. That's appropriate, because subdivisions and other topics differ by statute - riparian boundaries in particular.

I have no problem with the State Specific tests as now done by the various state boards.
I have a SERIOUS problem with the bureaucracies involved.

About 4 years ago my then company wanted to have me apply for Louisiana. I already had and still have 6 licenses in the southwest and the board REQUIRED that I fill out an application that when completed was over 2 inches thick. This was mostly Experience related and covered a period of nearly 50 years(28 + years licensed) at that time.

Totally Ridiculous!!.

I Still haven't turned it in and will likely never do so.
Stephen Johnson, PLS 6303

Politicians should serve two terms. One in office and one in prison.

Stop Repeat Offenders!!! Quit ReElecting Them!!!

land butcher

Postby land butcher » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:50 pm

My issue is there are some States that require a 4yr degree no matter how many States you are licensed in or your years of experience.

Edward M Reading

Postby Edward M Reading » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:31 pm

land butcher wrote:My issue is there are some States that require a 4yr degree no matter how many States you are licensed in or your years of experience.

I know, it is almost like they have higher requirements than California.
Edward M. Reading
SLO County

land butcher

Postby land butcher » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:08 am

Edward M Reading wrote:
land butcher wrote:My issue is there are some States that require a 4yr degree no matter how many States you are licensed in or your years of experience.

LOL IIRC New Mexico is one of them and they only have the curriculum at one college in the southern part of the State.

Edward M Reading

Postby Edward M Reading » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:58 pm

land butcher wrote:
Edward M Reading wrote:

LOL IIRC New Mexico is one of them and they only have the curriculum at one college in the southern part of the State.

What is your point? California has an extremely low bar to sit for the LS test relative to many other states.
Edward M. Reading
SLO County

land butcher

Postby land butcher » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:44 am

[quote
What is your point? California has an extremely low bar to sit for the LS test relative to many other states.[/quote]

Acceptance to sit for the test and passing it are 2 different things. But since NCEES has been involved that may not hold true.

Return to “General Discussion”