New AG opinion on density bonus

mpallamary

New AG opinion on density bonus

Postby mpallamary » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:54 am

For those of you who do land development:

The Density Bonus Law (Gov. Code, §§ 65915-65918) rewards real estate developers who provide affordable housing by permitting them to build additional units, called “density-bonus units.” May a city or county condition its grant of a developer’s application for a density bonus upon the developer’s payment of a “public benefit fee” that is imposed only on the density-bonus units?

CONCLUSION

No. A city or county may not condition its grant of a developer’s application for a density bonus under the state Density Bonus Law upon the developer’s payment of a public benefit fee imposed only on the density-bonus units.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

land butcher

Re: New AG opinion on density bonus

Postby land butcher » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:28 pm

newsom is using incentives to get builders to build lots of homes, newsom wants 500,000 built every year. The most built in CA in one year is just over 300,000.

There is some deal going on as there are hundreds of these high density 4 and 5 story buildings going up everywhere, one we passed in San Diego must have 2000 units in it.

hellsangle

Postby hellsangle » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:41 am

and the infrastructure remains the same . . .

At this rate we'll look like an overpopulated India in no time. I'm glad I have less time ahead of me. Our poor grandchildren will be stuck with the grief.

Phil - Sonoma

Anthony Maffia

Postby Anthony Maffia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:58 am

There isn't enough housing in the Bay AreA.
- Anthony Maffia, LSIT

Return to “General Discussion”