Extended to Friday May 3rd
EBMUD Job Title: Chief of Party
Salary Info: $96,336 - $117,084 Annually, Plus Excellent Benefits + Retirement
Opens online at http://www.ebmud.com/jobs on Monday, April 15, 2019
Online applications must be received by 4:30 p.m., Friday, April 26, 2019
Internal Reference # 19-047
East Bay Municipal Utility District’s (EBMUD’s) Construction Division, part of the Engineering and Construction Department, is seeking a highly qualified individual with exceptional technical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Under the supervision of the Survey Supervisor and Assistant Survey Supervisors, the Chief of Party leads the work of survey crew members in addition to performing the more difficult surveying and computing work. The incumbent is assigned to the Construction Division's Survey Section and will also perform related work as required.
Typical duties include:
• Planning, leading, documenting, and reviewing the daily activities of a field survey crew in conducting construction, property, control, and topographic surveys, along with other engineering surveys.
• Creating records of field measurements, sketches, reference points, land descriptions, computations, and construction staking notes.
• Reviewing maps, deeds, plans, and related data to determine the most efficient method of conducting survey projects; briefing crew members on survey objectives and procedures.
• Making complex calculations pertaining to boundary surveys, construction surveys, geodetic surveys and other types of surveys.
• Locating and identifying property markers, control points, and construction reference points.
• Setting up, operating and transferring data to and from surveying instruments such as GNSS receivers, Robotic
Total Stations (RTS), digital levels and laser scanners.
• Contacting private property owners regarding surveys being conducted across their property lines.
• Conferring with survey supervisors, resident engineers and contractor representatives regarding field changes in construction surveys.
• Training and instructing crew members in surveying methods, procedures and practices, and in the proper use and care of survey instruments and equipment.
• Assisting in searching records and compiling data for field crews. Performing or checking difficult survey calculations in the office and reviewing completed job records and resolving discrepancies as required.
The most competitive candidates will have the following:
• Knowledge of the Land Surveyor's Act, the Subdivision Map Act, the California Coordinate System, photogrammetric mapping procedures, property boundary determination, and legal description writing.
• Knowledge of plans, standards, policies, and procedures for engineering design, right of way acquisition and construction as they relate to surveys.
• Ability to analyze situations accurately, seek input where appropriate, and develop effective solutions.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to effectively lead crew members while fostering a teamwork environment.
• Strong leadership and people skills. Proven ability to make technical presentations to groups and individuals including co-workers, customers, contractors, and the public.
• Effective communication skills in writing, preparing concise and accurate field notes, survey reports, correspondence and memos for a variety of audiences including staff, government and regulatory agencies, contractors, and the public.
The salary range is $8,333 per month increasing to $8,750, $9,187, $9,646 and $10,128 after 6, 18, 30, and 42 months, respectively.
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
A typical means of acquiring the essential knowledge and abilities is:
1. Completion of the twelfth grade or its equivalent, including or supplemented by a course in trigonometry; and
2. Two years of journey-level surveying experience.
3. Possession of a valid California Land Surveyor-in-Training (LSIT) certificate.
4. Possession of a valid California driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
5. Physical characteristics to perform the critical and important duties of the position.
6. Willingness to work overtime or out of town as needed.
Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at http://www.ebmud.com/jobs by 4:30 p.m., Friday, April 26, 2019. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability
Job Hotline: (510) 287-0742
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest