The City of Los Angeles is currently accepting applications for Senior Survey Supervisor.
$103,982 to $152,048
The salary in the Department of Water and Power is $136,367 to $169,399
For information regarding reciprocity between City of Los Angeles departments and LADWP, go to: http://per.lacity.org/Reciprocity_CityDepts_and_DWP.pdf.
Annual salary is at the start of the pay range. The current salary range is subject to change. Please confirm the starting salary with the hiring department before accepting a job offer.
A Senior Survey Supervisor assigns, reviews and evaluates the work of technical employees engaged in field survey work; applies sound supervisory principles and techniques in building and maintaining an effective work force; and fulfills equal employment opportunity responsibilities.
1. Two years of full-time paid experience as a Survey Supervisor or in a class which is at that level and which provides experience in directing land and engineering survey work; and
2. Registration as a licensed Land Surveyor or as a Civil Engineer by the State of California Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists authorized under the Professional Land Surveyors' Act to practice land and engineering surveying.
1. In addition to the regular City application, all applicants must complete the Senior Survey Supervisor Qualifications Questionnaire at the time of filing. The Senior Survey Supervisor Qualifications Questionnaire is located within the Supplemental Questions Section of the City Application. Applicants who fail to complete the Qualifications Questionnaire will not be considered further in this examination, and their application will not be processed.
2. Applicants who lack six months or less of the above experience may file for this examination. However, they cannot be appointed until the full experience requirement is met.
3. A valid California driver's license is required. Applicants will be disqualified and not eligible for hire if their record within the last 36 months reflects three or more moving violations and/or at-fault accidents, or a conviction of a major moving violation (such as DUI).
4. For Requirement #2, applicants must list their Professional Land Surveyor or Professional Engineer license number in the Supplemental Questions section of the on-line application.
5. For applicants using outside experience, Requirement #1 is equivalent to a minimum of five years of full-time paid experience performing the duties of a Survey Party Chief, with at least two of those years supervising the work of several survey parties.
WHERE TO APPLY & APPLICATION DEADLINE
Applications and Qualifications Questionnaires will only be accepted on-line. When you are viewing the on-line job bulletin of your choice, simply scroll to the top of the page and select the "Apply" icon. On-line job bulletins are also available at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lacity.
Or you can go directly to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/ ... visor-7288
Applicants are urged to apply early to ensure you have time to resolve any technical issues you may encounter.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest