Surveyor I (Map Check & ROW Services) - OC Public Works

OCPW-HR

Surveyor I (Map Check & ROW Services) - OC Public Works

Postby OCPW-HR » Wed May 08, 2019 2:30 pm

County of Orange, CA
Orange County Public Works
Salary Range: $55,473.60 - $74,796.80 Annually

OC Public Works has an opportunity for a Surveyor I position in its Map Check & ROW services area. This position performs complex surveying tasks, including map preparation, boundary analysis, researching historical and official records, and providing resolution to boundary issues and discrepancies. The position is assigned to the Map Check & ROW Services Area of OC Public Works.

The most successful candidates will possess the following core competencies.

• Experience and knowledge in surveying practices and techniques.
  • Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations regarding mapping and surveying practices (such as the Professional Land Surveyors Act) and boundary analysis.
  • Knowledge of deeds.
  • Ability to read and interpret Record of Surveys, Tract Maps, Corner Records and other documents related to land ownership and easements.
  • Reading and interpreting civil engineering plans, maps, specifications, legal descriptions, survey field data and survey records.
  • Perform difficult mathematical calculations and make precise surveying measurements.
  • Use and application of surveying-related software, including but not limited to AutoCAD, Microstation, GIS programs and others.

For more information and to apply, please visit our OC Careers page here.

Return to “Employment Hotline”