Supervisor, Land Surveying, San Ramon, CA, US, 94583
Our Coast Transmission Team will be hiring a Land Surveying Supervisor in support of Electric and Gas Transmission, as well as special projects, along our Coastal Region. Our Coastal region is essentially west of Interstate 5 and stretches from San Luis Obispo County through Humboldt County. If you are interested in applying, please visit the posting at https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=25105&company=C0000161245P&username= and select the Apply Now icon. This position will be posted through 8/12/2019.
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Land Surveying & Engineering Support (LS&ES) group is a part of the Land Management (LM) organization which is responsible for providing land surveying, mapping and acquisition services in support of gas/electric transmission and distribution projects. Other LM responsibilities include the oversight and management of PG&E land assets which include fee properties and various land entitlements. PG&E owns nearly 200,000 acres of land spread across 48 California counties, from Shasta County on the north to Kern County on the south. The company is one of the largest private property owners in the state, and in addition manages thousands of acres of right-of-way easements for gas and electric facilities.
This position is responsible for managing a team of highly skilled employees in the Land Management field. The position will supervise land surveyors and land technicians in the Coast area.
You must be able to travel at least 50% of the time to project sites or business partner offices.
- Professional responsibility for land surveying work associated with Transmission lines of business.
- Responsible for administrative duties such as performance management, budgeting, workload scheduling, ensuring policies and procedures are followed, including risk procedures, and contractor management procedures.
- Provide leadership for assigned staff and inspires teamwork across the organization; plan and manage the professional development of the professionals assigned to them; connect staff to other experts in the organization; act as a staff advocate.
- Ensure work is completed in a timely and professional manner; provide guidance and mentoring to staff to help them successfully complete their work; help the manager take the lessons learned from the project reviews to improve the performance of the unit.
- Work with the management team to develop workload forecasts, staffing plans, and project assignments; work with other supervisors to assign staff to projects in a way to meet line of business (LOB) needs and professional development needs.
- Help provide consistency in decision making among the various offices regarding approaches and solutions to problems; work with the manager and other supervisors to build and/or implement common templates, tools, and procedures to assist their staff in their work.
- 8 years of experience working on technical projects, managing project teams, and/or supervising direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in land surveying, geomatics, business, environmental resources, engineering, land use, or related field
- California licensed Land Surveyor (LS)
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license or ability to obtain by first day of employment
- Proven leadership qualities and supervisory experience in providing proper coaching and feedback
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Ability to work in a team environment with focus in diversity and inclusion
- Experience in promoting accountability and safety
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests