Old Memories . . .

hellsangle

Old Memories . . .

Postby hellsangle » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:06 pm

Certain things trigger my memories.

Every time I see a "Schwing" concrete pump - I think of Dan Sequin. You had to be there to see and hear the Gary Oakie Review performers at one of our conferences. "Schwing . . . " they'd sing. The good ole times.

Rest in peace our Dana - you have many brothers with you now. Must be like a CLSA conference of days ago. (I hope Lisa is doing well. http://www.mdshs.org/Dana_Seguin_memory.htm)

Phil - Sonoma

Schwing.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PLS 5207

Re: Old Memories . . .

Postby PLS 5207 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:59 am

I vividly remember him singing in a quartet at a CLSA conference, "I send my chainman to low places, while I sit and do calculations..."
Steve

Steve Martin

Postby Steve Martin » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:45 am

I remember flying in to the Conference in RTahoe years ago and I was sitting next to Dana's wife Lisa. The landing approach was very bumpy and Lisa was white knuckling it, especially when the pilot announced we were going around due to wind shear.

I went to a party when Dana was going thru the cancer treatments. He had his band there playing and seemed to really enjoy having all of his friends around. That quote from Dave Viera touches on Dana's humanity. He was a giant among us.
Last edited by Steve Martin on Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

mpallamary

Postby mpallamary » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:34 pm

I miss him dearly also. He was a good man and a good friend. I kept a copy of a note he sent me years ago. A man of kind acts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion”