for Education and Review

Peter Ehlert

for Education and Review

Postby Peter Ehlert » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:20 am

per CLSA Discussion Board Rules and Etiquette item #3:
The "written permission" is inherent with the surveyor filing for public record.
The posting of THIS work product is intended to provide education and meaningful discussion and not to embarrass or shame the author of the work product, client, or processing jurisdiction.
Nothing has been redacted.

===
I wish for the general Land Surveyor population to see this as an example of cooperation in sharing private records and properly citing the sources and opinions.
We all have opinions. Reluctance to express those opinions and make them Public is not constructive.

Kudos to the surveyors and county surveyor that helped put this map in the public record.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peter Ehlert

Olin Edmundson

Re: for Education and Review

Postby Olin Edmundson » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:23 pm

Thanks for doing this, Peter!

Mike,

I appreciate all of your contributions to this forum and eagerly read most everything you share. You’ve introduced a multitude of different interesting topics that have expanded my mind as a Surveyor. However, I must say that I’ve been disappointed to not hear any comments about the meat of our profession, actual survey issues, boundary resolution, references to relevant case law. The types of skills that separate a good Surveyor from one that doesn’t know what they’re doing, a glorified data collector, an engineer. These essential differences that you’ve written articles about and frequently mention. This has been surprising to me as I can tell that you deeply care about the state of our profession and are also one that would have so much to offer in this area. This is the type of professional development that would bring everyone up, close the gaps in knowledge and in a way be a modern form of mentorship. This has perplexed me and I’ve thought about it on more than one occasion. My only guess as to why you might shy away from engaging in these essential discussions, is to maintain a mercenary status, but I hope I’m wrong.

Olin Edmundson

Postby Olin Edmundson » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:43 pm

in any case, there is an easy solution. Just create an anonymous account and post away, I won’t tell anyone.

mpallamary

Postby mpallamary » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:54 am

Thanks for your comments Olin. I continue to advocate education and the promotion of the profession. I do my best whenever I can. There are those who disagree with me and they are the ones who maintain forum monitoring.

mpallamary

Postby mpallamary » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:14 am

I do not control the forum and the application of ever-changing rules and application. They change frequently, sometimes hourly.

“Every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful. Man has no nobler or more valuable possession than time.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “General Discussion”