Job Location : Chico
The Land Surveying and Engineering Support (LS&ES) team is a group of 100 dedicated employees providing land surveying and mapping services in support of gas and electric transmission and distribution projects. These services include rights-of-way drawings, easement documents, engineering support drawings (plan & profile), topographic mapping and construction staking. We are located in 17 offices throughout the PG&E service territory.
To apply visit us here:
To apply[url]: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfca ... &username=
The position will be posted until February 21.
This job is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) and is subject to collective bargaining.
This position will be with the LS&ES North Valley Division working out of Chico. This position will be supporting the Butte County Rebuild of our facilities. The position provides surveying support services to all lines of PG&E business including Gas Distribution & Electric Distribution. This position will prepare legal documents, legal descriptions, CAD drawings, CAD mapping, perform field surveying, office surveying calculations, customer communications, problem solving, preparing permits with outside agencies (CalTrans, UPRR, etc.) and other duties in supporting PG&E’s new business and customer distribution connections to our electrical and gas systems.
- Perform routine work as a member of a survey party, make precise survey measurements using conventional and state of the art surveying instruments; interpret legal descriptions of real property; make and interpret survey calculations; research, analyze, check, and adjust survey data; research title and compile evidence and documentation for boundary determination. Operate the survey vehicle.
- Prepare maps from field notes, office data, and title searches for condemnation proceedings, obtain rights-of-way, purchase land, obtain government permits, and obtain leases and other land documents. Plot plan profiles, road cross-sections, topography, contours, and special drawings. Check mathematical computations of others.
- Assemble information for, and processing, clearing, and correcting of rights-of-way and land matters. This work includes such duties as preparing legal descriptions of real property; preparing all routine documents necessary for the acquisition of easements by the Company ; processing necessary forms for the procuring of permits; preparing and processing quitclaims; securing signatures; securing permits; inspecting property; preliminarily investigating encroachments; and preparing clear and concise reports and correspondence.
- 2 years of land surveying or civil engineering experience or the equivalent in education (such as Geometry or Trigonometry) and/or experience
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license or ability to obtain by first day of employment
- Experience using MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Take initiative and can work with minimal direction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Field or office experience in a land surveying capacity
- Ability to effectively work with and support colleagues
- Experience generating plan/profile mapping, topographic mapping and construction staking
- Experience writing/interpreting legal land descriptions
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests