Associate Surveyor (Licensed Land Surveyor, PLS)
NorthStar, a well-established and growing Chico, California company offers multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, planning and environmental consulting services. We are looking for an additional Licensed Land Surveyor to join the NorthStar team.
Established in 1983, NorthStar is a certified small business with a team-centered approach to projects. We strive to enrich our team culture, build quality relationships, and provide responsive service.
If you would enjoy a professional position in a strong company, a beautiful area with excellent schools, varied outdoor activities and a livable pace, this could be your next opportunity!
The Associate Surveyor supervises and performs professional land surveying work, serves as Project Manager, works with management, survey teams and project teams to assess and meet surveying requirements and deadlines.
• Interprets contracts, plans, maps, and other documents to determine scope of work, detailed plans and needed resources for a survey
• Schedules and dispatches surveying team, tracks hours
• Performs advanced, professional land surveying work
• Supervises, reviews, approves, and signs for the technical work of others under responsible charge
• Coordinates jobsite safety; ensures that activities, tools, barriers, and protective equipment comply with Cal OSHA standards
• Supervises employees by project; trains and mentors survey team members
• Establishes and maintains quality assurance and quality control programs; performs job site visits
• Prepares estimates and contracts; monitors budget, results, and client satisfaction.
• State of California Land Surveyor License
• 6+ years of experience in surveying, including field experience in construction, land development and related surveys
• Leadership experience in a team-based environment
• Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D, survey software, related technical tools
• Demonstrated record of successful job completion, budget control and client satisfaction
• 2 years+ experience as Assistant Surveyor or equal
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with related major course work may be substituted for 4 years of experience
• Possession of valid California Driver’s License and clear DMV Report.
The successful Associate Surveyor has knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques for surveying and mapping, and is proficient in the operation of field survey equipment. The Associate Surveyor is expected to have knowledge of pertinent federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, ordinances, codes, and policies.
Must also be able to make complex computations and check plans, maps, calculations, legal descriptions, and specifications. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, skill in project management and delegation are important. Proficiency in the use of personal computers and related document and spreadsheet software is required.
If this sounds like a position you would enjoy and a work environment you would be proud to join, please read on.
NorthStar offers competitive pay, based on relevant experience, and a full range of employee benefits. This is a full-time position with excellent total compensation package.
How to Apply: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 1:23 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests