San Ramon, CA, US, 94583
Apply now: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=55801&company=C0000161245P
Requisition ID # 55801
Accepting applications through 7/2/2020.
The Land Surveying and Engineering Support (LS&ES) team is a group of 100 dedicated employees providing land surveying and mapping services in support of gas and electric transmission and distribution projects. These services include rights-of-way drawings, easement documents, engineering support drawings (plan & profile), topographic mapping and construction staking. We are located in 17 offices throughout the PG&E service territory.
This job is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) and is subject to collective bargaining.
This position will be with the LS&ES Coast Division working out of the San Ramon office. LS&ES Coast Division provides surveying support services to all lines of PG&E business including Gas Distribution and Transmission, Electric Distribution and Transmission, Substation Engineering, PG&E Corporate Real Estate, Pipeline Safety Enhancement Project, the Pipeline Centerline Encroachment Survey, and Environmental Remediation. This position will prepare legal documents, legal descriptions, CAD drawings, CAD mapping, perform field surveying, office surveying calculations, customer communications, problem solving, preparing permits with outside agencies (Caltrans, UPRR, EBMUD, etc.) and other duties in supporting PG&E’s new business and customer distribution connections to our electrical and gas systems.
You must be able to travel at least 50% of the time within the PG&E service territory, including occasional overnight stays.
- Perform routine work as a member of a survey party, make precise survey measurements using conventional and state of the art surveying instruments; interpret legal descriptions of real property; make and interpret survey calculations; research, analyze, check, and adjust survey data; research title and compile evidence and documentation for boundary determination. Operate the survey vehicle.
- Prepare maps from field notes, office data, and title searches for condemnation proceedings, obtain rights-of-way, purchase land, obtain government permits, and obtain leases and other land documents. Plot plan profiles, road cross-sections, topography, contours, and special drawings. Check mathematical computations of others.
- Assemble information for, and processing, clearing, and correcting of rights-of-way and land matters. This work includes such duties as preparing legal descriptions of real property; preparing all routine documents necessary for the acquisition of easements by the Company ; processing necessary forms for the procuring of permits; preparing and processing quitclaims; securing signatures; securing permits; inspecting property; preliminarily investigating encroachments; and preparing clear and concise reports and correspondence.
- Two years of Civil Engineering or Survey Technology training or the equivalent in education (such as Geometry or Trigonometry) and/or experience in surveying of land and title work.
- Must have a valid California driver's license.
- The physical ability to do field survey work.
- Experience using MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Take initiative and can work with minimal direction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Field or office experience in a land surveying capacity
- Ability to effectively work with and support colleagues
- Experience generating plan/profile mapping, topographic mapping and construction staking
- Experience writing/interpreting legal land descriptions
- Land Surveyor In Training Certificate
2020 Pay Range
$36.51-51.92 per hour, plus generous benefit package.
Starting rate varies based on qualifications. This position has the capability to convert to a higher position without a vacancy being created that has a 2020 maximum wage rate of $58.30, if the employee meets the labor agreement guidelines.
Hiring Supervisor: Justin.Scroggins@pge.com
Be sure to apply through the hyperlink at the top of the post.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests