1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:27 am
Can you supervise the work of office staff engaged in a variety of preliminary, right-of-way, photogrammetric, property and geodetic surveys? Do you enjoy new technology, flying drones? Do you have experience working on Caltrans Interchanges, land nets, right-of-way appraisal maps, and road widenings? Are you ready for job security with great benefits? Then the County of Riverside Transportation Department might be a great fit for you!
The County of Riverside has an exciting opportunity for an Office Surveyor (Principal Engineering Technician) within our Transportation Department! The selected candidate will mainly be acting as an in-office supervisor over three staff members but will occasionally be required to conduct field work throughout the county.
Some duties will include:
• Supervising and participating in the preparation and checking of legal documents, CAD drawings from deeds, field measurements using CAD platforms, and 3D surface models using CAD software.
• Supervising, reviewing, analyzing, and integrating the work of technical staff.
• Preparing legal descriptions, land division maps, records of survey, corner records and right-of-way maps.
• Interpreting complex survey data, maps, deed, and title information; analyzing and resolving discrepancies.
• Participating in a variety of preliminary, location, construction, geodetic property, photogrammetric, elevation, and topographic surveys.
Experience: Five years of increasingly technical and responsible sub-professional engineering or land surveying experience, including at least one year at a level comparable to Senior Engineering Technician with Riverside County. College level courses in Civil Engineering or closely related subjects may be substituted for up to three years of the non-specialized required experience.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Surveying Engineering/Civil Engineering and one year of experience as a Sr. Engineering Technician on a field survey crew may substitute for five years of sub-professional engineering experience.
Valid certificate of registration as an Engineer-in-Training or Land Surveyor-in-Training issued by the California State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and three years of sub-professional engineering experience.
The County of Riverside offers a generous benefits package including a Flexible Benefit Credit to use towards a variety of health plan options, life insurance, a defined benefit pension, and much more.
To find out more information, please see the attached flyer. To apply, applications must be submitted through the County of Riverside Job Gateway at http://www.rc-hr.com/jobs.
The preliminary closing date for this posting is Monday, August 17, 2020 at 11:59 pm however postings may close at any time.
For specific questions regarding this position, contact Alyssa Wallace at AlyssaWallace@rivco.org.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests