Position: Senior Land Surveyor
Headquarters: Concord, CA
Primary survey territory: coastal counties within PG&E's service territory (northerly of San Luis Obispo Co. line)
Immediate team size: approx. 20
Great pay & benefits working with dedicated professionals
Posting closes on 4/29/2021
APPLY HERE: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=92380&company=C0000161245P
The Land Surveying and Engineering Support (LS&ES) team is a group of 100 dedicated employees providing land surveying and mapping services in support of gas and electric transmission and distribution projects. These services include rights-of-way drawings, easement documents, engineering support drawings (plan & profile), topographic mapping and construction staking. We are located in 17 offices throughout the PG&E service territory
Leads a team composed of field and office Land Surveying personnel, as well as contractors to provide surveying, mapping, legal descriptions and drawings for the planning, construction and maintenance of proposed and existing company facilities. Works directly with engineers, planners, construction personnel, project managers and other business partners in assessing project needs. Develops and maintains work plans, schedules and cost estimates in support of these activities. Provides direction to the Project Surveyor, Chief of Party, Land Technicians and other field and office surveying personnel. Applicants must be licensed as a California Land Surveyor or pre 1982 California Registered Civil Engineer.
• Support survey crews working in the field. Establish scope, responsibilities, and performance standards for specific projects.
• Provide the research required for projects including existing mapping, related land documentation, and liaison with clients.
• Coordinate the resources required to complete mapping and related land documents once the fieldwork has been completed.
• Provide technical expertise and direction to Land Technicians working in office and field environments in the performance of boundary, topographic, plan & profile, settlement and other types of land surveying, mapping and data collection .
• Project Coordination to include acting as a liaison between various sections within Land Services and business partners to ensure timely completion of projects.
• Provide technical guidance and ensure compliance with legal requirements and PG&E standards for surveying, mapping and land-related documents.
• Establish ongoing dialog with business partners to ensure suitability and satisfaction with Land Engineering products and services.
• Responsible for stamping all legal descriptions and maps per local and state regulations.
• Coordinate the preparation and approval of legal descriptions, maps and exhibits (pink package) required for the condemnation process.
• Establish exact alignment of new facilities with the assistance of Transmission Engineer or Pipeline Engineer, Project Manager, Land Services Staff, environmental experts and construction personnel.
• Prepares and testifies as an Expert Witness on Land related issues
Project Surveyor or equivalent experience
Licensed as a California Land Surveyor or pre 1982 California Registered Civil Engineer.
BS Degree in Surveying, Geomatics, Civil Engineering or related field
Justin Scroggins, P.L.S. | Supervisor - Land Surveying and Engineering Support
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
925.765.8957 cell | email@example.com
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest