In this role, the Project Surveyor will be responsible for overseeing all phases of surveying on multiple projects; therefore, the individual must be a licensed surveyor responsible for organizing, managing and executing all types of surveys. The Sr Project Surveyor will be the surveyor of record and responsible for all QA/QC.
• Preparing proposals including write ups on project specific approach, scope, selection of staff, prior project experience, consultants, preparation of fee proposals, etc.
• Participate in contract negotiations, approve client billing, and secure contract amendments for changes to scope and fees.
• Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling project team activities.
• Prepares project scopes and schedules and track and maintain project budgets.
• Develop working relationships with client, contractors, stakeholders, relevant agencies. Ultimately responsible for the success of the project.
• Responsible for the management of a Survey team.
• Perform annual employee evaluations in addition to ongoing mentoring, goal setting and skill development.
• Review resumes and interview potential new employees. Make suggestions regarding the hiring of new staff.
· Work with field and office personnel, both as a team leader and independently, to produce Record of Surveys, A.L.T.A. surveys, Short Plats, Long Plats, Final Plats, Boundary Line Agreements, Boundary Line Adjustments, easement exhibits and any document required for project completion
· Reduce and process field notes, sketches, checklists and digital data in required formats for Project Managers, Land Surveyors and Drafting personnel
· Research legal and survey records to obtain information about property boundaries, including: deeds, easements, vacations, dedications, Right of Ways, etc.
· Perform topographic mapping and construction staking preparation.
· Adjust conventional and G.P.S. control networks.
· Comprehend and create standard and complicated legal descriptions.
· Resolve boundaries using accepted boundary and legal principles and case, state and federal laws.
· Apply rotations and translations when necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Geomatics Engineering, Civil Engineering, or equivalent years of experience in Land Surveying
• 7+ years’ relevant experience
• Professional Land Surveyor License (LS) in California
• Experience managing staff
• Project Management experience
• General knowledge of computers, Microsoft office, Adobe, Internet, Bluebeam, etc.
• Proficient experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, required.
Employee Self-Management Skills
• Collaboration: Effective working relationships with management, coworkers, subordinates and clients. Mutual respect. Listening to others, adapting to changes, debating alternatives, being open-minded and producing a superior outcome as the result of effective teamwork.
• Problem Solving: The ability to develop a timely, efficient solution or alternative when a posed with a problem; thinking outside the box; paying attention to the details.
• Responsiveness/Communication: Communicating in a prompt and professional manner; providing relevant and timely information to management, coworkers, subordinates and clients in a clear, concise and direct manner.
• Self-Responsible: Taking control and accountability; not waiting for others to direct.
• Efficient: Ability to maintain focus, stay organized, manage multiple tasks and complete work within deadlines, with minimal errors in a fast-paced environment.
• Adaptable: Ability to modify practices, systems or attitudes to align with new requirements.
• Financial Acumen: The ability to think quickly and use good judgement to make financial decisions relating to the overall business, clients, project budgets, expenses, assets, etc.
• Time Management: The ability to use one's time effectively or productively; advanced planning and organization; producing results with less stress and increased accuracy.
• Risk Management: Awareness of obstacles and their impact on the business; ability to manage obstacles to avoid them all together or produce the best possible outcome.
• Conflict Resolution: The ability to listen effectively, communicate in a clear and direct manner, process information and establish an agreeable outcome leading using collaboration as a conflict resolution strategy.
• Delegation: The ability to assign responsibility for a task and empower the individual with the authority to do what is needed to produce the desired results.
• Emotional Intelligence: Ability to be aware of, control, and express one's emotions, e.g. self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and social skills and/or managing interpersonal relationships.
• Mentoring: Ability to effectively train and counsel less experienced staff.
• Trimble Business center
• AutoCAD 3D
What we offer to our employees
Medical, Dental and Vision 100% paid for by Kier & Wright
401k and profit sharing
Great company culture
Free office snacks
Email me your resume and I will schedule a call to discuss your qualifications. RSawer@KierWright.com
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests