Coronavirus

Edward M Reading

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Edward M Reading » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:50 pm

JoshPLS wrote:
Edward M Reading wrote:They will have to reschedule/cancel the August date also.

Do you have more intel or is that based on a hunch that this quaratine will end up going out that far?

I just read a lot, have seen what is happening in other countries, and know what exponential growth looks like.
Edward M. Reading, PLS (ID, WY, CA)
San Luis Obispo

Jay Wright

Postby Jay Wright » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:44 am

Obviously the pandemic is far from over.
As we seem to be moving toward "normal" I was wondering if any have resumed in person chapter meetings?
We are discussing meeting in person with a Zoom component.
Struggling with the idea of asking about the vaccination status of attendees.

The July board meeting is apparently going to be a hybrid of electronic and in person.
I prefer to go in person but the other people in my home are asking about the risk of 50 (?) people of unknown vaccination status in a room for hours.
We never really got to the ubiquitous quick testing we need for confidence in these situations.

PLS7393

Postby PLS7393 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:38 am

It is summer time and the CDC has opened up restaurants and events, but if your still concerned, host the meeting outdoors at one of many restaurants that still offer outdoor dinning. Reserve the entire tent to keep the noise down, or go to a park and have the meal catered. Just some food for thought.
Keith Nofield, Professional Land Surveying
PLS 7393

Return to “General Discussion”