*Pay is up to $112,000 a year
*Must apply by 2/22/21 as job will close
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Survey Party Chief will supervise and participate in field surveying to obtain data relating to land, topographic, construction and related work.
• Interprets and evaluates records, drawings, maps, and other data preliminary to field work.
• Supervises the work of a field surveying party and performs instrument and other surveying work as necessary.
• Reviews, approves, signs and seals surveys, records, descriptions and maps.
• Records field observations and prepares field notes and sketches.
• Determines and establishes grades in the field by calculating elevations and supervising the setting and alignment of grade stakes.
• Makes field surveying calculations necessary for land, topographic, and construction surveys, such as the closure of traverses and simple and compound curves.
Graduation from high school or evidence of equivalent educational proficiency is required. In addition, candidate must possess one of the following:
• A valid Certificate of Registration as a Civil Engineer issued by the California State Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists, prior to 1982 and four years of technical field surveying work including duties such as interpreting construction documents, making survey calculations, and preparing field notes and sketches
• A valid Certificate of Registration as a Land Surveyor issued by the California State Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists
SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Stamina to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Agility to climb ladders, walk on construction planks, and move safely in construction sites
• Strength to carry surveying equipment
• Visual acuity to see flags and markers
We are seeking experienced land surveyors with exceptional leadership skills. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of land surveying requirements and techniques. Furthermore the ideal candidate will have the ability to effectively lead and participate in setting up and operating surveying instruments with a high degree of accuracy; plan and supervise the work of a surveying party; communicate technical survey concepts clearly and concisely; and work effectively with District personnel and contractors.
• Paid medical/dental/vision insurance premiums for employee and eligible dependents
• Eligible for membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS)
• Up to 15 days of vacation
• 12 paid holidays
• A generous sick time policy/hours
• Plus more!
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.lausdjobs.org and click on “Apply Now” then click on “I AM A PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEE” to find the respective role
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest