About the Role:
Acts as a rod and chain worker and performs other routine nontechnical work in a surveying party making land, topographic, and construction surveys
Duties will consist of:
• Performs routine manual tasks, such as holding a leveling rod; measuring with a tape; and setting, driving, and marking grade and line stakes.
• Records measurement data and makes arithmetic computations.
• Clears brush from lines of survey.
• Assists in establishing and setting property monuments.
• Assists in the care and maintenance of surveying instruments and other equipment.
• May make simple drawings or tracings of school sites, ground improvements, or related materials.
• Operates surveying instruments for training or relief purposes.
Graduation from high school or evidence of equivalent educational proficiency
One year of experience in field surveying or closely related civil engineering work.
Twelve semester units or the equivalent number of quarter units of college level courses in civil engineering from a recognized college or university may be substituted for the required experience
Paid premiums for your choice of several medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS).
Two weeks of paid vacation to start. Three weeks after five years of year-round paid service.
Paid Holidays: 12 days.
Pay is up to $68,000 and comes with benefits
To apply visit https://lausdjobs.org/
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests