Job Title: Land Surveying Assistant
Salary: $57,000 to $71,000
About the Role:
A Land Surveying Assistant operates levels, theodolites, electronic total station with data collectors, and other instruments in making land, topographic, and construction surveys.
Duties will consist of:
• Operates levels, transits, and other instruments in measuring angles, distances, and elevations and in establishing bench marks, taking cross-sections, and setting grade and line stakes.
• Records temperatures and makes necessary corrections for the determination of precise linear measurements.
• Cares for, cleans, and makes field adjustments on the various instruments used.
• Performs preliminary work such as assembling, reviewing, and plotting data.
• Participates in job layouts in the field under the direction of a Survey Party Chief.
• Assumes responsibility for a surveying party in the absence of a Survey Party Chief.
• Keeps field notes and records and verifies field calculations.
Graduation from high school or evidence of equivalent educational proficiency.
Two years of civil engineering work, including one year of on-the-job field training or experience performing routine, nontechnical work in a surveying party; or twelve semester units or the equivalent number of quarter units in civil engineering courses from a recognized college or university with one year of on-the-job field training or with one year of experience performing routine, nontechnical work in a surveying party.
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a major in civil engineering including field surveying courses in both plane and route surveying.
Paid premiums for your choice of several medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS).
Two weeks of paid vacation to start. Three weeks after five years of year-round paid service. Paid
Holidays: 12 days
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests